Sunday, October 12, 2014

What Happens on a Sunday Night

So tonight, I’m sitting on the couch, watching an episode of Once Upon a Time, pantsless. That last part is because I had taken off my skirt, but didn’t want to put on anything else, yet, so I was chilling in my underroos. So then, all of a sudden, the doorbell rings. I’m like, eeeehhhh so I make Husband get the door while I throw on a pair of sweats. As I pulled them on, and came back out, a few kids came in the house. Then, a giant noise comes from the back door. As I look, a stream of children comes running in the house, and it scared the crap out of me!

Turns out, we had left the back door unlocked, so when the kids came over after their fireside tonight, some wanted to see if they could sneak in and scare us, which they did! Now I know to keep my back door locked. So we are sitting around, visiting, and eating snacks, and Adam’s phone gets a text from one the kids’ fathers, asking that if his son was there, could we kindly kick him out? Instead of replying like a normal person, we had replied that he had taken us hostage, and demanded 1 million dollars for our release, with this photo:

Kidnapped

The dad writes back “Maybe a million doll-hairs” and we laughed and sent the kid home. One of the other kids’ moms came over in this taping hubbub (Really, I think our house is like, party central, they always come here, and their parents know to contact us to get them) and she wasn’t pleased, so we should probably watch our step around her. But all in all, it was a good evening, and gave us a good lesson: don’t trust the neighborhood kids.

No comments: