Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Homemade Crunchwrap Supremes

We’ve been making our dinners at home more lately (Have I mentioned that? I probably have, but  eh, deal with it) and today, we decided to try our hands at making some homemade Taco Bell. It wasn’t too hard, thank goodness. Here’s what you need:

1 lb ground beef (go ahead and make it with a taco seasoning packet)
LARGE flour tortillas ( 6 )
Small corn tortillas ( 6 )
Lettuce
Nacho cheese (I bought the Tostito’s kind in the glass jar)
Sour Cream
Diced tomatoes

So, make your meat, and throw the corn tortillas into the oven at 400 degrees for like, 5 minutes or until it’s crispy. Then to assemble: warm up the flour tortilla (about 15 seconds in a microwave is all) and then lay it down. Spoon on some nacho cheese, the beef, the corn tortilla, a dollop of sour cream on top of that, some tomatoes and then the lettuce. Wrap the tortilla around the crispy shell, by folding up the bottom to the center, and continue around in a circle until it’s all wrapped. Then place the wrap, seam-side down into the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes, then turn it over, and cook for another 3 minutes. Eat up!

Here’s what it looks like:

IMG_9390

Yes, I have a tiny hole where I couldn’t get it to be wrapped completely, but that’s ok. But this tasted AWESOME! It was so tasty, I really enjoyed it, I would recommend this to us all.

No comments: