Saturday, October 18, 2014

SoJo Half Marathon

Today was the SoJo Half Marathon, and for the first time in a couple of years, I ran it alone. Usually PJ is my running friend, but she’s having some injuries happen, so she’s not running at all for the foreseeable future. I was really worried for this race, I didn’t really train for it at all! I hadn’t run over 5 miles for the last 2 months, so I was really concerned I would have issues. I got there a little early, and was super chilly while waiting. Then the race started, and off I went!

I had a goal of finishing before 2 hours and 10 minutes, so I ran in front of the pace person holding that sign. I just knew, no matter where I finished, if I finished in front of them, I would make my goal. I didn’t do too badly during the race. I had a bit of a stitch once in a while, but other than that, I was totally fine. It wasn’t until I hit mile 11 that I hit the wall. I felt like I couldn’t keep going, but also, I knew that logically, it wasn’t too long for me to run. I slowed my pace waaay down, and then finished the race in 2:03:00. Not bad! Ahead of my goal! It felt like the last mile was the longest mile I’ve ever ran in my whole life. It really was so long, I don’t know why, but it felt never-ending. Luckily, I finished, but then I felt like dying.

IMG_9423

And I got a sweet medal.

IMG_9433

I was so jazzed to be done! And now I only have 1 more race this year, the Thanksgiving race. Woo!

No comments: