Saturday, October 25, 2014

Ward Triathlon

This morning, we had our ward triathlon, put on by the youth. It was a 3 mile run, a 6.5 mile bike ride, and a 200 yard swim. I was to tackle the run, Husband the bike ride, and a youth in our ward, the swimming. (he volunteered to us for it, he really wanted to swim but didn’t have a team) You could do it by yourself or a team, and we chose team of course. We got a group pic before we all started, but I didn’t get that pic, sadly. The running part was first, and I finished the 3 miles in 25:56, not bad when you factor in the giant hill I had to do as well. Then Husband did his as I tagged him on my way across the finish, and then he tagged in our youth, who completed his swim in 2 minutes, holy cow! Pays to have him on the school swim team! We ended up taking 4th place, and that’s fine with me – especially when you factor in that the winning team had the #5 swimmer in the state, the #2 runner at their high school, and then the kid in our ward did their bike ride, which wasn’t too hard. (ok that sounds mean, but I know what I mean). But it was a great morning, and a lot of fun to do this with our neighborhood people. And maybe next year, we’ll do it again!

1 comment:

FishingMetaphor said...

Did you run down Center? It would take me 25 minutes just to get up that haha