Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Scouts Awards

For scouts tonight, we had our Blue and Gold banquet. I don’t know what the point of it is, except to have a dinner for the scouts. I don’t know. I was in charge of the invitations for the event, like I have blogged about before. I showed up the dinner, and after a meal of walking tacos, we had an awards ceremony, like we do every pack meeting. Because the awards are for the boys, I never listen, I just clap when other people clap, and pay a little bit of attention if it’s one of my scouts. (I will admit freely, this part of the activity fully bores me)

This evening, I was just sitting there, sifting through a cup of pretzels to get the M&M’s out, and all of a sudden, I heard a whole room of kids and adults say my name, and I snapped my head up, and apparently, they had been calling my name for a little bit, so I ran up, and got what they were calling me for. Our entire pack earned an award, a Journey to Excellence award, and every person in our ward/pack got one. I also earned some Junior Mints for my service to my Webelos, and that’s fun for me.

Sward

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Ah, the coveted Journey to Excellence award. I hear that not many troops get that. Kudos.