Monday, February 17, 2014

Miscellaneous Monday

Today is president’s day, and do you know what I did? Nothing. I spent the morning lounging about, and then, I spent the afternoon bowling, and then redoing a bathroom. (Blog entry with pics to come later). It felt a little bit like I wasted the day, but on the other hand, it was so amazing not to do anything at all. No expectations, nobody counting on anything, I just went at my own pace, and it was awesome.

Last week, when the legendary Shirley Temple (Black) died, we decided to pay tribute to her, and make some Shirley Temple drinks as we watched Cougar Town. To make a ST (I didn’t know this) you take some ginger ale; add a shot of grenadine (which is just cherry syrup) and a maraschino cherry. It was delicious! I think I’d like to drink this always. Also, to make it a Shirley Temple Black, you just make it ginger beer instead of ginger ale.

I went to Chili’s for lunch yesterday, and had what I think may be the worst lunch in the history of Chili’s. I’m usually not disappointed by anything there, but holy cow. I had a quesadilla, and there was basically no cheese, and the whole thing just tasted awful. When the waitress asked us how the food was, I told her I didn’t really care for it, but I don’t think that happens to her, because when I did that, she just looked at me, and then said “I’ll get some waters” and then walked away. Shoot. At least I know now not to get that.

No comments: