Sunday, February 23, 2014

Crock Pot Fajitas

I wanted to use some frozen chicken I had in the freezer today, and after searching my recipes for an idea, I finally came up with this. Crock Pot Fajitas. Of course, I didn’t come up with it, a gal on Pinterest did, but I took it fair and square. The recipe was pretty easy.

1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch strips
2 pounds chicken breast, cut into thin strips
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Place peppers and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with beef. Combine the water, vinegar, lime juice and seasonings; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until tender. Of course, in my crock pot, it took 4 hours on low, so adjust accordingly. When cooked, scoop into tortillas, top with cheese, and enjoy. Add some sour cream or salsa, if you’d like.

These are really good! I was nervous that the peppers would be soggy and gross, but they really weren’t! I totally recommend them.

No comments: