Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Gender Reveal

Yesterday, my younger sister found out what the gender of her baby is. I know that right now, it’s a huge thing to do a HUGE gender reveal party, and invite everyone you know, and have a thing about it, but we’re just not those kind of people. But her husband is out of town, so I thought it would be cute if at the appointment, I found out what it was going to be and then she could find out at the same time as her husband, via Skype. So on Sunday, I made some cupcakes, one with blue in the middle, and one with pink in the middle.

GenderCupcakes

So we went to the doctor, and I found out what it was, and no one else there did. I held the secret for the next hour and a half, until we all reconvened at my house. Then we set up the Skype, and called the husband, and she bit into the right cupcake. Here’s the face right when she found out what it was.

RoryFace

And, now that it’s all down, everyone knew what it was: a tiny baby boy in her stomach is growing. Good luck to them, and if anyone else needs me, I am available for more gender reveal parties. *wink*

No comments: