Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Shenanigans

Happy Valentines everyone! I know that Valentines was yesterday, but I’m just here as a recap of sorts. This is only the second time in my (whole long) life that I’ve actually been dating someone at Valentine’s, so usually the holiday means nothing to me. But in all fairness, it still doesn’t mean that much to me, it’s just that this year, I had to buy someone (of the opposite gender) a present, and someone (of the opposite gender) had to buy me one.
Last night, I got home from work, got all my belongings out of my car, and started walking up the stairs to the door. I looked down, and there was a small cupcake on the top step. I picked it up, opened the door, and there was a tiny line of cupcakes leading from the door to the table in the living room. I laughed, and walked over, and saw this:

A cute box of chocolates, with a heart ring of cupcakes, how delish! There was also a vase full of white roses, next to the cupcake heart. Husband also made me dinner, chicken fried chicken, so yum. After we’d eaten dinner, and watched Cougar Town (it started up again last night, all!) we decided, pretty late, that a shake sounded pretty good. So Husband left (I was already in my PJ’s at 9:30, I’m a wild child) because I didn’t want to get dressed. So he leaves at a little after 9:30. While he’s gone, I put away dishes, cleaned up the cupcakes, cleaned the kitchen…and then it’s about 9:50. I was like, I swear this is too long for shakes, but whatever. So I wash my face, put away a few pieces of laundry, and then it’s about 10:05. So now I’m about freaking out, because, hello, it should not be taking this long to go a block or two and get some ice cream. So I just sit on the couch, imagining that he’s somehow gotten into a horrifying accident, and I’m not really doing anything, just sitting there waiting. Of course, he didn’t bring his cell phone with him, he’d only be a minute! And finally, at about 10:20, he comes home, all casual-like. Of course, being the girl that I am (a total sissy) I was all happy that no one had died, and ate some of my shake (it was huge!) and then went to bed.
So anyway, now I have a lot of cupcakes, which I have of course brought to work in the hopes that all my friends here can help me eat them. 24 cupcakes is a lot of cupcakes, especially when it’s just the two of us. So, happy valentines to all, and I hope you all had a good one as well.

No comments: