Monday, February 6, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

The first subject in my Misc. Monday will be a little risqué, so if you want to avoid it, you can skip on down to the next paragraph, and no one’s feelings will be hurt. The other night (Saturday, to e exact), I went to sleep in my regular pajamas of a t-shirt and shorts. I’m not the type to sleep in long pants, long sleeve shirts, I like to dress a little cooler, so I can snuggle right into my blankets. I woke up the next morning at like, 4 or so, a little chilly. As I was pulling my blanket up around me, I realized, in shock that I no longer had my shirt on. I sat up, and in my sleepiness state, tried to look around to find it, but no dice. What the heck could I have done with it, and also, why am I undressing in my sleep all of a sudden? I went back to sleep, and the next morning, found my shirt – it was on the floor at the foot of the bed. So as far as I can tell, sometime between midnight and 4 AM, I took off my shirt, THREW it across the bed onto the floor and just kept sleeping. What a weirdo.

Now that the weekends over, we can finally talk results! It was the Big Game this weekend – as everyone knows. I’d been getting ready all day, I made sure I was in front of the TV when it started, I didn’t want to miss a single moment. Puppy Bowl 2012 was a success. For those of you not familiar with the Puppy Bowl, I’ll break it down into real simple terms. What they do is take about 10 or so hyperactive puppies, plop them into a miniature football field with like, 5 chew toys. The object is to get one of the puppies to take one of the toys, and get it across the finish line. What the game actually is, is 10 puppies on a tiny field, fighting each other for chew toys, then some giving up, and lying down. There are water breaks, when they all stop and drink out of the water bowl that’s on the field. Of course, there are no real teams, its every man (pup) for themselves. My favorite puppy was Fumble. He actually won MVP of the match, good for him! He scored many touchdowns. There is no real score, I don’t even remember what it was anyway. But it was so awesome, and it made me really want a puppy. I’ve included a picture of Fumble, so you can see how cute he is.
Is that the face of a winner? It sure is.


Over the weekend, I saw a new movie, The Grey. It stars Liam Neeson as a fella who works at an oil rig-type place, and his occupation is to shoot the wolves that try to attack his fellow workers as they drill for oil. On a routine flight back to Alaska, their plane goes down, and the 7 remaining guys try to find their way back to civilization in the middle of an Alaskan winter whilst a pack of wolves are trying to eat them. This was a pretty good movie, very suspenseful, but there’s one thing it did for me. It pretty much GUARANTEED that I will never ever go camping. I get that it’s a movie, I see that. But the wolves in this freaked me out so badly, and now, even though I know it’s so unlikely, I think that when I go camping, wolves will come out and try to eat me. Irrational, I know, but now it’s all I can think about.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Too much to say:

First, I vote that hubby took off your shirt.

Second, I have never seen the puppy bowl, but now I totally want to see one.

Third, That movie sounds freaky. Were they real looking wolves, or the creepy sci-fi kind? Either way, we can NOT go camping together.