Monday, February 20, 2012

How I Spent My Presidents Day or A Day of Sadness, Embarrassment, and Happiness

Happy Presidents day everyone! I got to about an hour ago, when I was laughing at some of the ridiculousness that’s happened today, and I thought I should share with everyone. Because if there’s something that I’ve learned, its that if you do something embarrassing, it’s just more fun to share with people.

This morning, I got up and went downstairs to eat my morning banana. While I was eating, I do the thing that everyone does. You straighten up a little here, clean a little there, and before you know it, you’ve suddenly wiped down all the counters and mopped the kitchen floor, and you’ve organized all the paperwork you’ve let pile up. I finished with that, started some laundry, and then ran. I was planning on doing some P90X (I never do that anymore!) but then I decided that eating a bowl of Krave cereal while watching The Secret Circle was a good enough workout after my run.

KraveSecret

After this workout, I showered, then over to the RC Willey outlet, to see if they had any deals on coffee tables. (they did, but none in stock, so I was sad) On the way out, they were giving away free hot dogs! I forgot they did this on holidays, and I happily ate my free dog. Even though today is technically Meatless Monday, it was free and delicious, and I’ll not apologize for it. With the sadness over my fruitless shopping trip, on the way home, we  (Rory and I) stopped at Shirley’s bakery to get a sweet roll. Rory had never been there before, so I introduced her to the orange roll. Of course she loved, as that place is delish.

I came home, and decided that I would make a dent in my Tivo watchings. I have the entire second season of Downton Abbey on my DVR, and since I finally finished the first season, I was eager to catch up.

Abbey

If you haven’t seen this show, please watch. I fired up the first episode on my DVR, and…it wasn’t the first of the season. My DVR had deleted the first 4 episodes of the season, so I didn’t have them anymore. Sad smile I was so sad. Luckily for me, the season is already out on DVD, so maybe I can rent it from someplace. Worst case scenario, I have to buy it (I already do have the first season) and it’s only $20. So instead, I watched Nanny McPhee 2. I liked the first, so I decided to record the second, and I’ve been watching it in increments, and I finally was watching the end. And of course, as I’m watching the end, I’M CRYING at the movie. There’s a cute, happy ending of this CHILDREN’S movie and I’m crying. Luckily I was alone, so the embarrassment wasn’t that high.

After the movie, I thought that I should make some sweet Chex Mix. I bought like, 4 boxes of Chex cereals a month or so ago, on a sweet deal from Macey’s. So finally, I decided that I should make some Chex Mix, since that requires a bunch of cereal. I ran to Target, to pick up a few ingredients, and as I was walking out to my car, I accidentally hit my head on a tree branch. Of course, this is embarrassing by itself, but then to be in such a public place? So to save myself a little pride, I didn’t even miss a beat, I just kept walking. I got into my car, and saw that my hair, where I had hit my head, was all up and askew like a birds nest. I just laughed at myself, and went home. I did make my Chex Mix, and here’s how it turned out:

ChexPretty delish, I hope. I’m waiting for it to cool before I eat some.

So there it is. A fun day of alone time with many ups (Chex mix! Sweet roll!) and downs (Curse you, Downton Abbey!). Hopefully your days were all great – hope you had a great holiday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like a fun day. what is meatless mondays?