Monday, February 13, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

On Saturday, I was grocery shopping at Target. As I was walking down an aisle, trying to find where the scotch tape and hangers were, I ran across snow shovels for 50% off. 50%! That’s so cheap! I mean, it’s not like anyone has needed snow shovels this year, so I’m guessing Target is trying to get rid of them. So I walk over to the shovels, and I’m inspecting them, and they look pretty good, and they’re so cheap. I tell Husband I think we should get one, since we don’t even have a snow shovel yet. He…well, I guess the phrase is…made fun of me for thinking we should get a snow shovel. “We haven’t needed one, have you even seen any snow happening this year?” And of course, I reply, with practicality and reasonableness, that it’s better to be prepared, like the Boy Scouts are. Naturally, we walked away without getting the snow shovel. Cut to Sunday morning, when we woke up, and what’s that, Mother Nature? You decided to snow a few inches on us because of Husband? Oh that’s right. Because karma sucks. So everyone can thank him for all the wonderful snow we got this weekend.

I made another card box this weekend! I know, I’m obsessed with my scrapping and the like lately, and I’m sorry for all the blog posts on it. But I am really liking the work I do. I’m getting better at these things, so I’m proud of my work. It’s only taken…oh…several years now, for me to be at a level of decorating things that I feel pretty good with myself. I’ve included a picture of my box, so you can ooh and aah. The cards that will go in this box are my thinking of you/blank cards. I really liked how it turned out.



I sleep in all sorts of directions. I don’t always sleep on my side; I don’t always sleep on my back, or my stomach. I usually fall asleep on my side, facing the wall, and then I move about during the night – a lot. I am constantly moving. When I sleep on my stomach, I sleep with my arms crossed tightly underneath me. Sometimes after doing that, when I wake up, my left arm hurts, at the elbow. I’ve been trying not to sleep on my stomach lately, or if I do, I try to make sure my left arm is out from underneath me, but I can’t really sleep that way. I awoke on Sunday morning, early, because my arm hurt. Right at the elbow, it hurt to bend it, so I tried to sleep in literally any position with the arm straight, and I couldn’t. After about 10 minutes of trying to sleep, my arm went like, numb-ish, and my thumb, forefinger, and middle finger were super tingly and numb-adjacent, so I just gave up on sleeping. And last night, I had a hard time sleeping, with the arm being so dumb. I’m not really sure how to fix this, but I need to come up with something, because sleeping for like, an hour at a time is really driving me crazy. Stupid arm.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Karma does suck, but we needed the snow, so thank you Vieve's husband.

Also, I always sleep with one leg kinked (a habit that goes way back) so Tyler has been tying my legs together at night trying to get me to sleep the right way. It works if I am tied, but otherwise, I am back to the regular. Stupid body. Hope you can find something that works for your arm.

Oooh, I know. If you get pregnant then you can't sleep on your stomach. I hope Karma doesn't get me on this one :)