Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tickets, of a different nature

You guys, it’s almost here. We are just inches away from it happening. I’m referring, of course, to the season beginning of RSL. The first game is on March 10th, so we’re so close. Of course, it’s an away game (I hate when the first game is an away game!) but I’ll be watching nonetheless. This past weekend on Saturday, RSL had their annual ticket pick up, where you go to the stadium and get your ticket and your season ticket holder gift. Last year the gift was a panoramic picture of the stadium, but we only got one, regardless of having 2 season tickets, but whatevs. This year, the gift was a scarf – and one for each seat, yay! The line was pretty bad when we got there at 2:30, but we still hopped into the giant line. It was outside, which was unfortunate, because holy cow it was cold. Thankfully it wasn’t snowing or anything, but it was quite windy, and that was making me freezing. Of course I was in flip flops, but that’s because I didn’t expect us to be waiting a long time outside. After we’d been there about 10 minutes, they re-routed the line so that instead of waiting outside, we waited inside. We snaked through the press room, a stairwell, and a few hallways. When we got into the press room, where they have the RSL wallpaper, I took a picture there, to commemorate the occasion.




Finally, finally, (Ok, only an hour and fifteen minutes later) we got to the front. I picked up my tickets and scarves, and picked up PJ’s tickets as well (She’s out of town, and I’m a good friend.). And in case you wanted to see the scarves we got this year:

So huzzah for all! I have my tickets, I have my scarves, and now I’m ready for this season to start. On the way home, we were pulled over by the police, Husband’s car hadn’t been registered (since August!) and the kind policemen was just telling us of this fact, and also letting us know that Husband had a warrant for his arrest, over a speeding ticket that happened a year ago! So the officer let us have a choice, either he could take Husband right then, and let me come bail him out later, or he could follow us to an ATM where we could just post his bail right now. We picked the latter choice (surprise!) and got it all straightened out. I don’t even want to think of what would have happened, if he had just taken him. I can’t drive a stick shift! What would I have done, just sat on the side of the freeway, waiting for someone to come get me? And then leave the car? Oh man. Luckily it all turned out ok, and everyone is safe and sound for now. I’m thinking that in the future, we should all avoid having warrants, just in case.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Married to a criminal. Awesome.

Oh, and the scarves and tickets are pretty cool too.

Chelle! said...

I still laugh about this whole thing. I am so glad that they did haul him into jail even though that would make a great post.