Monday, February 27, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

Good news, everyone! My car has, for another year, passed inspection. I took the car to my local Big-O Tires on Saturday, in the morning, and ran home from there. By the time I got home, I got the call from them saying my car was almost going to pass – it just needed new windshield wipers. Well, of course that’s do-able, so I just had them put on new ones, and I passed! Yippee! When I went back to pick it up, they told me that they can register your car for you at the place, so you don’t have to go to the building to register it, or get online. So huzzah, that saved me a step. So now, I’m registered for another year, and good to go.

Last night was the Oscars. Of course, I love them, mostly to watch the pre-show to see what everyone is wearing. Everyone was wearing mostly ok dresses, I think there was only a few people that I really didn’t like their dress. I wished I had someone to watch it with me, since as I was watching the pre-Oscar red carpet walk-down, I kept talking aloud to no one about the outfits, hair, asking why so-and-so was even there, that sort of thing. I must have seemed a crazy person, had anyone been there to see me. But the big winner of the night was the movie The Artist. Everyone should see this movie. Yes, it’s a silent movie, but it’s still amazing. I recommend it to everyone.

I have a new calling in my ward. That’s right, everyone, I, Vieve, have a calling. I’m now the Assistant Webelos Den Leader. Now, I know what you’re thinking. “Why Vieve, you don’t know the first thing about cub scouts, nor boys ages 10-11”, and you’d be quite right. I don’t know anything about cub scouts. I know nothing about children, males mostly, at those ages. But I’m going to give this a go. I have my first activity with them this week, on Thursday, and I’m hoping it goes well. I’m sure I’ll keep everyone on here updated with all the happenings, so wish me luck!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I always want to watch the Oscars and never do. Invite me over some time.

And I'm excited for your new calling. You will do wonderfully. At least you are hampered by any preconceived notions. :)

Chelle! said...

Aw...I love your new calling. I am pretty positive that you will love it!!!