Monday, December 19, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Well kids, its down to the wire. Christmas is in 6 days. I know what you’re wondering, ‘Vieve, have you completed your Christmas shopping yet?’ and the answer is no. But I’m close, I’m so close! I think I only have 2 people left to buy for, and 1 person left to finish the gift on (it’s homemade with love!) and THEN will I be finished. And after I do, I will throw a party for myself. And I will rock around the Christmas tree, at the Christmas Party Hop. This year was a lot less stressful for me than last year, for some reason, and for that, I am enjoying this year a little more than last year. My Christmas spirit is relatively here, and so far, I’m not completely dreading Christmas, which is a nice change! I hope all of you guys are feeling the same way.

I was recently watching The Polar Express (I love this movie) and as all the kids are in the North Pole, about to receive the first give of Christmas, I couldn’t help but think of how inaccurately this movie is representing things. These kids are at the north pole, standing around, chatting, with no coats on, just in their pajamas, and no one is cold? I mean, I’ve never been to the north pole, but I’ve researched the weather up there. And while during the day, it’s not too cold (it ranges in the 20s!) at night, which is when all the kids are there, it’s only 4 degrees! There is no way those kids are there, just hanging out and being totally fine while it’s that cold. Yes, I’m looking too much into children's movies. This is how I roll.

Yesterday, I finally broke down and made these treats that I found a recipe for on the side of the box of corn flakes. It seemed like a pretty easy recipe, so it didn’t take that long to make, woo hoo! I followed the recipe to the letter – I want to specify this. So I baked them, and took them out, and let them cool. As I was transporting the treats from the pan to a tupperware, they fell apart like crazy. The bottom half completely separated from the top half, leaving me with just a weirdo half of food. So to remedy this, I had to wrap the treats individually, so that they at least would travel well.

Treat

So there’s my treat, wrapped in the plastic wrap. I didn’t even eat any last night, because I was so mad at it (that’ll show it!) but someone else ate it, and told me it was good. And here’s what the treat actually looks like, without the wrapping.

Treat2 And there it is. I don’t even want to share the recipe, because I don’t think anyone should ever have to make this monstrosity, at least not until I figure out how to fix it, I don’t know if the Corn Flakes people have never made this recipe, or just forgot to include something, because this is not what it looked like on the box.

No comments: