Monday, December 5, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Again, we have a Monday here where I could probably write a separate blog entry for every one of these, but I just don’t want to. It’d probably take a while, plus how would I have a Miscellaneous Monday?! So here it is.

I decorated one of my Christmas trees yesterday. It sounds like I have a lot of trees, but so far, just 2. This will be my first Christmas being married, so it’s pretty interesting trying to meld together our own traditions/habits. Husband wants a live tree, which I’ve never had, but have always wanted to give a try to. Chelle had a (fake) tree that she was getting rid of, she got a new one, so she bestowed upon me her old one. This is the one I decorated yesterday. We were going to get the live tree on Saturday, but circumstances were out of my hands, so we didn’t get it. Hopefully we’ll get that tree tonight, and get it decorated. I chose to do blue and gold for the tree, and here’s what it looks like:
 
Tree

And there it is. I’m proud of it, it turned out pretty good. You can’t really see the star on the top, but it’s a gold star. It’s probably a little small for the tree there, but I don’t care, its what I have.

I had a dentist appointment on Friday, just a cleaning/checkup. Good news, no cavities! But my dentist told me to start using an electric toothbrush, because that would be better for my mouth. (Apparently I have what look to be signs of early gingivitis on one of my back teeth, so this will help. I feel close enough to everyone on here to share that bit of news) So on Saturday, I bought one. I finally opened it last night and it took me about 45 minutes to open it. I first cut open the packaging, then I tried to pry it open, no dice. I got some scissors, and with the way this was packaged, I had to cut, pry something out. Cut some more, pry pry pry. It took me a long time, plus I bled a little from a cut I acquired trying to get that dang thing opened. But finally, finally, I got it opened and used it. It’s a total different experience, using an electric one. Makes me feel all vibratey and weird.

I’ve been watching a lot of Hallmark Christmas movies lately. I love this season because of them. I try not to repeat too many movies, because of how many there are, but there are so many favorites that I do every year. So far, my favorites this year are A Christmas Wish (It was filmed at a favorite diner in Mapleton!), A Princess for Christmas, Trading Christmas, and A Holiday Engagement. I’m currently watching Desperately Seeking Santa. I really like these movies. You already know what’s going to happen, but still, it fills you with such joy when it happens. There are some that I love to watch every year – Recipe for a Perfect Christmas, Snow, Snow 2, Eve’s Christmas, for a few examples. And of course, I love to watch The Polar Express, and all the Santa Clause movies. I love watching the same Christmas movies over and over again.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I love your tree! It turned out simply adorable. I am glad that you could use it. I love Christmas time and all of the movies on tv. I never grow tired of them.