Monday, December 12, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Ha ha I’m the laziest, all I write is Miscellaneous Monday and Foto Friday. Oh well. Today as I was watching 12 Dates of Christmas off of ABCFamily, there’s a part in it where the main guy is leaving a message for the main girl. So she walks into her apartment, and hits play on her answering machine so that we all can hear what the message is. When this happened, I wondered, do people still have these types of answering machines? I know people have voicemail, because now almost everyone has a cell phone, and rarely do people have solely land lines that they rely on anymore. So my question is, outside of movies, who has these types of answering machines anymore? Anyone?

We decorated the second Christmas tree on Saturday night. I chose silver and red for the colors for it. When we finished, and looked at the tree, all I thought was…meh. Like, it looks good and everything, don’t get me wrong, it just seems…empty. But like, all of my ornaments are there and it’s a pretty full tree, but its just not grabbing me like my upstairs tree was. Here’s a pic, just so’s you can see:

Tree2

So there it is. It’s a nice tree, and I am really digging the pine scent that’s going on all throughout the house, I just wish I loved it decorated a little more. Chelle gave me some decorating tips to do, to make the tree different and better, so I’m going to attempt those later, and see if it works. I’m also debating on putting on red garland, to see if that helps. I’ll decide later, I’m sure, but so far, that’s what it looks like.

Husband has a brother (Austin) on a mission. I haven’t met this brother (since our courtship/engagement was only about 6 months) but he comes home in about 3 weeks or so. We’ve chatted once or twice on the phone (just for a sentence or two, when he’s called home on Mother’s Day/Christmas) and we’ve emailed back and forth just a little, and from his emails, he’s a pretty funny guy, so I can’t wait to meet him. So this weekend, Husband and I were doing a little Christmas shopping, and we passed by this sign to meet a teddy bear named Austin! Of course I had to take a picture of it, so that I could claim that I met Austin early!

Austin

I think I’ll send this email to Austin, to let him know that we’d met.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

That's funny. Tyler had a brother on a mission when I married him. Made me wonder if I got the best guy in the family, since I hadn't met them all?

Just kidding. I totally got the best guy.