Friday, December 9, 2011

Advent Calendar

Growing up, I had an advent calendar every Christmas. For those of you don’t know, advent calendars are used to count down the days of from the 1st of December until Christmas Eve. You have a thing that looks like:

Calendar

And on the package (even though you can’t really see it) there are 24 little doors, numbered, that you open every day. So on the 1st of December, you open the little door with the 1 on it, and you eat the candy inside. Sounds pretty easy, right? I always loved these.

So now that I’m married, I totally spaced that I needed to get one. You see, before, my mama always got them, and just gave them to me, and I happily ate all 24 pieces. But it wasn’t until PJ said something to me about her calendar that I was like, dude I haven’t even bought mine! So I went to the Target post haste, and alas, no calendars there. I checked all the local Maceys, (with mama’s help to get the south end of the valley) and alas, there are none to be found! I was so sad about this. My first year without an advent calendar, what to do? But then…Pops came through!

*this picture turned out a little weird, color-wise*Chocolate 

There it is! My very own advent calendar. Apparently he got it online, and its a way fancier one than I’ve ever seen. The ones I’ve gotten have been like, these little thin chocolates that you pull out of a plastic calendar. This one has little poems on every door, and the chocolate is a little wrapped present and its delicious. So thanks Pops! I’ll enjoy every one of these chocolates for the next 2ish weeks.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Yep, I totally spaced Advent Calendars this year. Let's not mention that in front of the kids, shall we?