Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mini Cheesecakes

It’s almost Christmastime! Are you ready, readers? I hope so. We had our department Christmas lunch today, Taco Salad. Delicious! My assignment was to bring a dessert, so I chose mini cheesecakes. These were the easiest thing in the world, so I wanted to share the recipe. Here’s what they looked like right after I mixed the ingredients and put them in the fridge:

Cheescakes Looking good, right? I thought so too. *wink* So then I left them in the fridge overnight, and in the morning, I covered them with cherry pie filling. I would have liked to use raspberry too, but there was not a single can of raspberry pie filling to be found. My only options in the store were cherry, apple, and mixed berry, so I went with cherry. These are them with cherries:

Cheesecake

Yum! So for those of you who’d like the recipe, here it is:

No-Bake Mini-Cheesecakes

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping

12 Nilla Wafers or 12 Oreos

1 can pie filling (your choice)

Beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Place muffin cups into pan, place wafer or Oreo in bottom. Spoon cream cheese mixture into muffin cups until full. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon pie filling onto each cupcake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

 

These are really good, but they lose their shape, so the muffin cups look a little crazy. Still good though!

2 comments:

muamat said...

nice color combination.

Chelle! said...

YUM and oh so delicious!!!! I think that you should make them again!!