Sunday, January 20, 2008

Obviously Crazy Disorder


In church today (thats right suckas, I went to church) in one of our meetings, we went around the room and said what our one OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder to those who don't know the acronym, although, I don't know who doesn't) to the rest of the class. As everyone was saying theirs, I realized I have so many. As many people know, I do indeed have OCD. I can't help it, its not even in my control. But, as a special treat to my readers, I have decided to share my "quirks" with you, so you can maybe feel a little better about yourself, and maybe even feel a little more normal. Now I know that some of these aren't really obsessive so much as its just an irritant, but please enjoy.
I color coordinate my closet. The colors in there go from lightest to darkest, with long sleeves after the short sleeves. The tank tops are all folded in a drawer. My shoes in my closet are also color coordinated, also separated by genre. I have my flip flops on a special shoe rack, also color coordinated, lightest to darkest, with a pattern. In the TMI department, my underthings have to match each other, and they usually also match whatever I wear that day, I really like everything to match. Of any bottles I have, lotion, face wash, shampoo, etc, the label has to be facing out, so you can read it easier. My chapsticks are arranged in two lines, with my favorite chapsticks being near the front, and the ones who's flavors I don't care for in the back. (I have 28 chapsticks. I don't know if that's a lot) My DVD collection used to be split up-I had the TV series separated from the regular movies, but unfortunately, space restrictions have forced me to put those all together, but they are all alphabetized perfectly, and if you want to borrow one, you have to sign it out. Also, for the last few years, I have been watching my DVD's in alphabetical order. This has taken much longer than I anticipated. I started in June 2005, and now, in January 2008, I am only in the middle of the I's. My CD's are also alphabetized, but by the first name of the artist, not the last, like many people choose to do. But, in the CD booklet in my car, they have to be randomly put in there, and I can't have to of the same CD next to each other. For example, I can't have an artist next to another artist, he has to be next to a soundtrack or a self-made mix. My bed has to be made every morning, with the pillowcases facing the left. I don't care if I woke up five minutes before I have to be out of the house, I will take the two and a half minutes to make the bed. (Yes, I did time myself once, to see how quickly I did it) Everything has a place, exactly. At work, my stapler has a specific spot, next to the tape dispenser and in front of the pen holder. The highlighters are behind the tape dispenser, next to the pen holder. I usually have my pen color coordinated to whatever I'm wearing that day, but if it's not possible, I try to get as closely as possible, same with any highlighters I happen to use that day also. Everything near me is clean, the counters/desks are wiped down about once a week, with some sort of cleaning solvent. I vacuum every Sunday, and clean my bathroom every other Sunday. In the sink of my bathroom, between deep cleanings, is cleaned every time I go in there. I can't have a dirty sink-it has to be spotless every time I look at it. My board games are organized by genre. Scene It games, (of which I have 8) DVD games, trivia games, electronic games, kids games, different versions of Monopoly, (of which I have 5, even though I hate that game) and card games.
I think that might be all the crazy stuff I do. I hope someone got a chuckle out of this, maybe even remembering a time I did something crazy in front of you. And please, see if you can think of something you do that's "Obviously Crazy"

4 comments:

Chelle! said...

Vieve, you are COMPLETELY 100% CRAZY!!! But, I just love it!!! It makes me laugh about ALL of them, but my favorite has to be your closet and shoes. The other night, I rearranged my closet and shoes and did the same thing. After it was all finished, I stood back and laughed. Oh, my food pantry has to be the same way---all labels facing out!!!!

PJ said...

Yeah, I think they call it a disorder for a reason. I'm going to look through the product catalog and see if there is a Transfer Factor for this.

Maleen said...

Yep, you are crazy, but you are not alone--you sit close to Michelle, who I have learned is also crazy. I am starting to wonder about all the people you work with, but I've decided not to dig too deep. Some things are better left undiscovered. As for me, I think I am pretty normal, but I'm sure Tyler would disagree.

Ashley said...

I feel your pain. I can honestly say I use to be the same way...until I had a child and my whole life got flipped every which way. I have no control. But hey..kids rock. But yes...I do think your crazy. I think I will rearrange stuff on your desk sometime. I really want to get my hands on your stuff!!