Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Arrrgyle



I don’t know if many people know of this website, but one of my favorite places to go is shirt.woot.com. Every day they have a different shirt for sale, designed by a new person. Sadly, the shirts aren’t always fabulous, but pretty often they are hilarious. I have too many favorites to show all of them, but I have included a few here for your viewing pleasure. I have only gotten a shirt from this website once (it’s hard to get the really good ones, they sell out so quickly!) and I’m sad to say, this shirt is no longer with us. Here is the treacherous tale.
For Christmas 2007 (yes, this was in fact just barely) from my friend PJ I received a shirt from this blessed site. It was one we had enjoyed a month or so earlier-it was called Arrrgyle. It was, as you can see, an awesome shirt, with argyle (which I happen to love, most of my socks have this pattern) and with tiny pirates in the middle, to give it that special-ness of being awesome. Well, back to the story, I received this shirt for Christmas, but I didn’t get it until a couple of weeks after Christmas. PJ gave me the shirt when we had met up for the movies. (and in true Vieve fashion, I can’t for the life of me remember what movie we saw, to perhaps elaborate on the story, but whatev) So upon getting the shirt, oh what excitement I had. It was my favorite shirt, already immediately. After the movie, (oh! It was Atonement, now I remember. I think. PJ will have to confirm this) we got up to leave, and I made sure I had my shirt. I hit up the bathroom, making sure I had my shirt. We went out to eat at TGI Fridays, and when we were about done with the meal, I realized I didn’t have the shirt with me. Convincing myself I had only left it in the car, I relaxed, but I still had this uneasy feeling that I knew wouldn’t go away until I saw the shirt again. We went out to the car following the meal, and I couldn’t see the shirt! I searched that car, my purse, my coat (it could have gotten mixed up in there!) and alas, I could not find it. Woe was me. I went back to the theater; searching everywhere I had been, checking the lost and found, retracing my steps, even checking places I knew it couldn’t possibly have ended up. And, sadly, never recovered. I await the day I can again get an awesome shirt from this website, but until that time, I mourn the loss of my Arrrgyle. And if you see someone with this shirt on, punch them in the face and call them a thief, because I’m sure that’s the person that ended up with my beloved shirt.

(PS the reason the cake one is here is because I just think its bleeding hilarious)

4 comments:

Maleen said...

Oh, I'm so sad for you. That is one of the saddest stories ever. I lost something special to me one time and I still mourn the loss. I will definitely punch someone I see wearing the shirt, unless it is Tyler because I have hit him enough for now.

PJ said...

It was Atonement. It was a doubly sad night because not only did you lose your shirt, but we had to sit through that awful movie. We all died a little inside that night.

Chelle! said...

Well...I guess, you can think that maybe someone found it that needed more than you. I know that it is hard to believe, but I am sure it found itself into a very nice home--or maybe someone will pop on over to your blog and find that the shirt that they found was yours and will be getting a message soon. Ok, I am trying to be a little optimistic about this situation.

Ashley said...

I am very sorry about your shirt. That is such a
"Major Disappointment". But maybe you will find a new shirt, an even better shirt, a shirt that will rock your world. Then you will be able to love the new shirt and forget about the lost shirt and you will write a new blog about the new shirt that you have come to love and adore. Let me know how that new shirt hunt goes.