Friday, October 30, 2020

Book Club Anniversary Year 3

 Last year, for my book club's anniversary, we did a girls weekend and went out of town and gave each other gifts. The gifts are your favorite thing. You choose your fav thing (has to be under $5) and then buy one for every member of book club. This year, mine was Lego Minifigurines, which we all know I am obsessed with and love. Book club was on Tuesday, and of course I don't go to book club, because we are in the middle of a pandemic that seems to be raging out of control, since nobody changed any behavior (it seems) and is still doing whatever they want while our numbers climb. 

But anyway. 

I got my package today of all of the stuff they gave away at book club, and it was ... all right. 

Lots of candies, lots of stuff that just doesn't apply to me, but hey, I'm sure people saw my Lego and went, meh, not for me. And that's fine. I'll be excited to use every one of these and see how it goes. 

PS It is such a good thing I didn't go to book club - the next morning after I received this package, we got a text from the hostess of this week's meeting, and she had tested positive for Covid just two days after the meeting. Wild, y'all. 

No comments: