Saturday, October 3, 2020

Wyoming on a Whim

So, as everyone (probably?) knows, I love Mountain Dew. I have tried nearly every available flavor, and I strive to try them all. Recently I learned that there is an exclusive Mtn Dew flavor at the gas station Kum & Go (what a name, man) and the closest one to me is the one in Rock Springs, Wyoming. 

So, I planned a trip. I found a nice AirBnb, and my sister was all set to go. We decided to leave husbands at home and bring the kids and have a good time. Unfortunately, tiny Epifanio got sick the night before, and then was no better the next morning, the day we were supposed to leave. Poor tyke. Husband had no interest in going with me, so I texted PJ and asked if she wanted to leave suddenly on a trip. She said yes, and off we went. 

So we left yesterday afternoon and then today had the day in Rock Springs. Got some good sunrise pics on my run this morning when it was a CHILLY 36 degrees outside. 



And then finally, the main event! 


So the flavor of the Dew is Atomic Blue. And the verdict ... its good! It tastes essentially as a Mtn Dew Lemonade and yet, it's delicious. I had to snap a pic next to their statue here and I loved it. After I got my drink, we went on a walking tour of historic downtown rock springs! We tried to pick outdoor activities to, you know, coronavirus, and we had a pamphlet of this walking tour. It started in a museum, and we were the only people inside, masked up and safe. 

Here is the outside of the museum, it used to be the city hall/main building of the town.
Inside they had wedding dresses for the last hundred years, actual wedding dresses and pics of the women who wore them! 

And we got to see old-timey Rock Springs jail, where Butch Cassidy and Calamity Jane were once kept!

Then we walked around the city for the next hour or so, taking ourselves through the tour. It was crazy interesting, I loved it! It was a pretty great day in Wyoming, having planned it so last minute (I had other activities planned with sister and the kids, but of course can't do that without them!). And I got to try the Mtn Dew, huzzah! 

No comments: