Sunday, May 8, 2016

Second place!

Yesterday was the Provo City 5K. I was looking forward to this one, this is one of my favorite races of the year! I felt pretty good about the race as I was going, it felt like I wasn't dying. When I finished, I looked at my time, 25:13, and found that I finished in first place! Then, after a little time, I found that I was in second place - the first place in my age group was third overall, (I never would have beat her) so she wasn't counted at first. After waiting for about an hour in the cold and rain, I got my medal!

I feel pretty good about this medal - getting any medal is fine with me, so I don't even care what place it was. After the race, we walked the 3 miles back to the car and while it was cold and rainy, it was pretty fun, and I'm totally looking forward to next years race! 

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Good job Vieve! It was so fun to see you there. I was so sore today. Made me wish that I ran more often, because I bet you were just fine. I have only myself to blame. :)