Monday, May 23, 2016

Meatless Monday - Sugar Snap Pea and Carrot Soba Noodles

We have decided of late to make Mondays a meatless day, just for variation and fun. This week, this is the recipe we did. Let me tell you how I made it. First of all, I was supposed to get soba noodles to make this, but after going to the store, I couldn't find them. Instead, I just used spaghetti. So first off, make 6 ounces of spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Then, 

2 cups frozen organic edamame
5 ounces (about 1 cups) sugar snap peas or snow peas
6 medium-sized carrots, peeled
1 red pepper, diced 
¼ cup sesame seeds

I just shredded the carrot, I didn't have a julienne peeler like the recipe called for, so I did that. In the future I probably would just buy a package of carrots that are already cut into the long thin strips. Boil the edamame according to package directions. Put the noodles and vegetables into a bowl (after they're all prepared and cooked) and add the sauce. 

For the sauce:

¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons quality peanut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
1 small lime, juiced (3 TB of lime juice, if you just have juice and not limes)
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
2 teaspoons ginger powder
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce

Mix all together, and pour on the vegetables. Mix mix mix and then eat, its delicious.
This was so good, I couldn't get enough of it! In the future, I think I would add a few more ounces of spaghetti, there was more vegetables than noodles left over at the end. Otherwise, a great addition the menu.

No comments: