Monday, May 30, 2016

Chocolate Strawberry Chocolate Cupcakes

So, after my disaster of the Raspberry Lemon cupcakes, I wanted to make another fruit frosting, to see if I could make it work. So, I made a regular ol' batch of chocolate cupcakes, and then I did a strawberry frosting. In my fantasy, I had saved this recipe and could share it for generations to come, but as I'm going back through my notes and trying to look through things, I see that I actually didn't even save it! How embarrassing! Let's take a look at the cupcake.
I pureed some strawberry pie filling in the blender, and then piped it onto the cupcakes, using a ziploc bag for ease. These were super delicious, but like the raspberry frosting, these had to be kept in the fridge, because the strawberry frosting was melting all over! Maybe that's just what happens with a fruit frosting. I'll fix this. I'll figure it out.

No comments: