Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Pumpkin Silk Pie

Basically, I’ve been making this pie over and over for the last few weeks. It’s super easy and delicious, and we’ve had loads of events lately for food, being Thanksgiving, and my ward Christmas party, and all that jazz. So, lets dive in.

First, I cheat. I use store-bought graham cracker crusts. Because, and stick with me here, crusts are hard, and my time is super limited right now, with finals just around the corner. To start with, either have 2 graham cracker pie crusts bought, or go ahead and make those yourself, I’m no one to judge. Ok now that you have those, here are your ingredients:

8 oz package cream cheese, softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
8-16 oz Cool Whip
2 cups whipped cream

Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, and no chunks of cream cheese floating around anywhere. Add the powdered sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice, mix until well blended and smooth. Here’s where things get tricky. The place I got this from said to add 16 oz of Cool Whip. That’s a lot of Cool Whip, makes for a lot of pie. Then, I made it just by adding a hair over 8 oz, maybe 9 oz. And it’s the same. The amount it makes is just about the same, it tastes the same, it seems the same, so go with your gut, see how you like it. Spread the mixture into the two pie pans, and then put the pies into the fridge for a few hours, or overnight. You just want things to set is all. Then, when you’re ready to eat it, either pipe your whipped cream onto the pie or spread it, it doesn’t matter. Nobody cares if your pie is fancy. I (on this one pie, the only time I’ve done this) piped mine on using a Wilton 4B tip, so fance.

IMG_2333

Even though it took forever, look how nice it looks? Awwww. Anyway, then enjoy the heck out of that pie. Because it’s amazing.

No comments: