Sunday, December 13, 2015

Brownie Jars

So, I've decided to make brownie-in-a-jar for people for Christmas this year. Here's what they look like:
 And here's what I put inside:
1 cup + 2 tbs flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup Andes Peppermint chips
The cocoa was supposed to go in last, before the chips, but I changed to peppermint chips, to make them peppermint brownies, and I didn't want the peppermint chips to lie in the cocoa, but I don't think it matters, actually. Anyway, after I layered them and then put the fabric on time (a square 6 inches in case you wondered) I attached the recipe. Now, I found these amazing little mason jar chalkboard tags at the local scrapbook sale on clearance, and I was so jazzed, but unfortunately when I went to put it on, I found that the twine they were attached to was WAYYYY too short to go over the lid of the jar. Even when I undid the knots, and tried to attach them that way, the twine was always too short, no matter how you tried it. So I threw away all the twine, and added my own ribbons to them, and did it that way. And the finished product:
I love them, I'm really excited to give them away! I hope people are as happy to get as I am to give.
(also if you'd like the baking instructions: to the jar, add 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup water, and 1 tsp vanilla. Pour into a 9 inch pan, and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes)

No comments: