Sunday, November 1, 2015

Apple Pie Cupcakes

All right you guys, here starts November, so here starts National Blog Every Day Month. I am going to try it! Basically, even though school is knocking me down every single day, I’m going to try it. So, lets kick off this month with a recipe.

Today’s is Husband’s father’s birthday, so we got together to celebrate it and reminisce. We made his favorite foods for dinner, and he really liked apple pie, so I made apple pie cupcakes. Mostly I was flying by the seat of my pants, but I think they turned out good! So I made a basic yellow cake, and spooned them into the cupcake liners. I had gotten a can of apple pie filling, and I chopped up those apples into small pieces. Keep the rest of the apple mixture, once the apples are out. I spooned about a half-tablespoon of the apple pie filling onto the top of the batter, like so.

IMG_2151

I baked them at 350 for 15 minutes, and then let them cool. Then I made the frosting. The recipe is:

2 cup softened Butter
3 cup Powdered Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Vanilla

Whip butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar. Then add about a tablespoon of the apple pie mixture (without the apples), and mix until that’s incorporated. After the cupcakes are cooled, frost!

IMG_2152

These ended up being really good! I recommend these, they’re delicious and so soft and tasty.

No comments: