Sunday, August 30, 2015

Oreo Oreos

I made some homemade Oreos this weekend, and boy are they easy. I don’t know if I’ve ever posted the recipe I do on here, but here goes:

2 boxes of chocolate cake mix (try to have two different ones, it makes it slightly more fun)
1 cup shortening
4 eggs

Mix all ingredients together, and then roll into tiny small balls, maybe an inch wide. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, drop the pan onto the countertop from a few inches up, this flattens the cookies. When completely cool, pair together and frost the middle.

So, there’s that, and here’s my super easy recipe for frosting:

1 stick butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
3-6 cups powdered sugar, depending on how much you need

Cream together the butter and cream cheese, throw in the vanilla as well. Then add powdered sugar until desired consistency.

So, after doing that, to make things a little differently, I put like, 15 regular store-bought Oreo’s in a food processor, and reduced them to crumbs. I threw these into the frosting, and voila:

IMG_1801

Much deliciousness and amazingness. Make these, guys. I’ve done so many different frosting flavors with these lately, do that too, see what happens!

No comments: