Wednesday, August 19, 2015

How to Clean a Crock Pot

Yesterday, I brought a soup to a friend in the ward, their family’s oven/stove burned and they don’t have one for a while, so we’ve all chipped in. After I dropped off the crockpot of soup over, I noticed, my base was dirty and gross, and needed to be cleaned.

IMG_1726

Gross gross gross. So I looked up tips on the internet and for most of them, I didn’t have the right things at home to clean so I went with one that was easy: Just use oven cleaner. So I did. I took the crockpot outside, and sprayed the inside of it liberally until it was coated in foam, and then I let it sit out there for an hour. An hour plus 10 minutes, if we’re being honest, because I had forgotten about it.

Then I brought it back inside, and was supposed to use a sponge to clean it but as it turned out, I had no sponges in the house! Sheesh. I instead grabbed a washcloth, made it wet, and then I just wiped out the inside, and scrubbed at the harder stains. After a few minutes:

IMG_1725

Ta-daaaa! It’s clean, and I’m happy with it. I recommend this as a way to clean, in case you’re looking for a way.

No comments: