Monday, February 23, 2015

Miscellaneous Monday

You guys, I have some great news. I have finally been released from scouts! Last Thursday, one of the bishopric members came to my house, and extended to me a new calling! I couldn’t believe it at all, especially when he said the new calling…assistant Laurel advisor. I have wanted to be in the YW for a long time, so this is going to be so fun! I had to keep it a secret until Sunday, which isn’t too hard, because I don’t have that many friends in my ward/stake, that I see unless it’s a Sunday, so it wasn’t hard at all.

Knowing that I would have to stand up in church yesterday to be sustained made me so nervous. I was nervous all morning, and then when it was time for church, my stomach had anxiety bubbles. Finally it was time for callings/releasing's, so when he said my name, I stood up. He said my new calling, and two YW that were sitting in front of me whipped around so fast to look at me. I gave them a thumbs up, and they returned that, and I felt good. I was nervous that girls would be like, really? But that little boost was enough to help me feel a little more confident.

Of course, the first thing some of the girls said to me was to ask if I was going to camp. I asked when it was, and after learning the date, I can go, it’s in my free time of summer. I said I would come, and then immediately regretted this. Camping? Again? I just did this last year! But at least it’ll be different, easier, better than trek, so it’ll be all right. But now, lets all buckle up, because this new adventure is going to be crazy.

No comments: