Monday, August 25, 2014

Miscellaneous Monday

Today, 13 years after graduating high school, I went to college for the first time. I was terrified. Last week, I had gone to campus, and found my classes, and luckily, my Mon-Wed-Fri classes are the easiest to get to, the easiest to find. I was very glad of this. So today, I went to school, and holy cow, the parking lot is terrible! It took me 30 minutes to find a parking place, I was almost freaking out that I would be late on my first day! But luckily, I wasn’t!

I had history and math today, and already, I love my history teacher. She spent today trying to get people to drop the class, explain what she’s about, and her quirks, and they just made me want to take the class! The history we’ll be covering is from the beginning of time –1500AD, and I just couldn’t be more excited. I’m looking forward to knowing everything, but I’m terrified of everything that has to be done in college – the papers, the work, etc. Hopefully I can handle it!

The thing I don’t understand about college is the cost of textbooks. And along with the textbook costing over 100 dollars, now they don’t even come in a hard cover anymore, they are only loose-leaf papers, that you have to put into a binder. Now, I know a binder is only a couple of dollars, but I not only have to shell out money to buy a book, I now have to buy something to house this book in? It’s already costing me a gillion dollars to go to school, they should at least give me my books!

No comments: