Monday, August 18, 2014

Miscellaneous Monday

Yesterday, I used my last check that I had at all. When I got the checks a few years ago, I never really thought I would be using all these checks, so when I ripped off the last one, I was like, hey! I have to order some more! I got online, and looked at every design, in case the cupcakes one that I love and have been using isn’t going to do it for me anymore. But after looking through them all, I stuck with cupcakes. Of course.

We have a tradition in our neighborhood (that started looong before we got here) where every Sunday they get together in the evening, munch on popcorn and just visit. We never have really gone, because we’re not social. We are super shut-ins, so no need to leave the house. But after trek, we go. If we don’t just show up, the teens come to our door and get us, in case we forgot that it happens (even though we can see it from our house). It’s really sweet, and we actually have a good time there. It’s a good way to get to know our neighbors, too, since otherwise, we’ll probably die alone in our house, and no one would think to look for us for weeks.

Being home is really awesome. I mean, it’s great to go on a vacation, and fun to hang out in other states, but there’s nothing quite like coming home, using your own shower that you’re used to, sleeping in your comfortable bed, and getting to lounge around in your sweats. I used today as a cleaning day, since no one had been here for a while. I love getting everything cleaned. All the surfaces dusted, mopped, vacuumed, and all the bathrooms, and everything got done, and I feel really good about it all!

No comments: