Monday, January 30, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday Mayhem

On Saturday, Husband and I went to the mall; we were looking at sporting equipment for his office. I stayed and looked at treadmills, ellipticals, etc for as long as I could stand it, then I left him to get a pedicure. My toenails were looking quite shady, and they were sharp and pointy on one of them, so I was afraid I’d scratch someone (myself) with it. So I was about finished when Husband finally wandered on over to me, and had a seat in a chair next to me, to wait for me to be finished. As a joke, we (the pedicurist and I) told him that he should get one as well. After a little while, he actually agreed! He didn’t get any color on his nails (sissy) but he did get one done. I sneakily took a picture of him relaxing, before they touched his feet.Once she got going on his feet, he kept giggling, the entire time. That was actually pretty funny to witness. And maybe he’ll keep getting them…and next time, it could be color.

Today, my iPhone broke. It randomly turned off, but then it couldn’t turn on. So after a healthy amount of Googling, I was still at a loss, as none of those websites actually do anything for you. So then I tried to get onto apple.com, to see if there is any help on that website. The website wouldn’t actually help me until I put in my serial number. But…I can’t get to my serial number, because my phone won’t turn on. The site said the number was on the back of the phone. After much searching, I still couldn’t figure out which of the group of numbers was the serial number, so I gave up and called them. Of course, they had an automated computer voice at the beginning, who told me I couldn’t be helped unless I had a serial number, and again, I fought with the automated voice until it finally gave up and sent me to a live person. After explaining my problem, I was told I had to pay $30 to get help on the phone (since I didn’t buy a protection plan), or I could go to the nearest Apple store. The nearest Apple store, in case anyone is wondering, is in SLC, in the Gateway. I am not driving there, because I’ve done this before, at Christmas. I get there, and they inform me that since I don’t have the plan, they can’t help me either. I’m out, thanks. So I pay the money, since at this point, my phone had been frozen for about 40 minutes. So after explaining my problem yet again, we tried a few things, which I had already tried, and had told her I tried. But when I tried it again, it worked this time, which I thought was ridiculous, and the conspiracy theorist in me told me that they do this on purpose, just to get my money. But that’s crazy…right? The gal that was helping me asked me for the serial number once the phone turned back on, and I gave it to her. I asked where it was located on the back of the phone, since the website and computer-generated guy told me it was there. It wasn't! They are liars! They shouldn't tell you that it's on the back if it isn't! And I get that I should be glad that the phone is working, but still. The lies.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Pedicures are heavenly. I think everyone can use someone rubbing their feet...even guys.

Chelle! said...

Aw....I was so sad to hear you went to get a pedicure without me. SO SAD!!!