Sunday, January 22, 2012

Geechie Peachie Cobbla

I felt like making a treat after dinner tonight. At first, I really wanted to make brownies, but alas, I was out of brownie mix. I could have made them from scratch, I know, but I didn’t really want to take a long time to make my treat, since I was doing other things, so finally, I decided on a peach cobbler, made from a mix PJ brought me from Louisiana. This is what the bag looks like:

Bag

Now, that is some definite spelling errors. And when I turned it around, to read the back, I was blown away by how they explain it. I’ve taken a picture, but since I’m not sure how well you’ll be able to read it, I will also write it on here.

Instructions

Geechie Peachie Cobbla Instructions:

Git ya oven nice and hot (‘bout 375). Find ya best 8x8 pan greez ‘em up good. Pick ya some fresh peaches and put ‘em in ad bottom of da pan. (A can if ya trees been bare) Den put da mix on top da peaches. Pour 3/4 cup a milk on top of ‘em and stick ya spoon in da mix a couple of times so da milk can soak ‘em. Stick ‘em in da oven and cook ‘em til she good and gold (bout 30 min.), take ‘em out da oven and serve ‘em up hot wit some ice cream. Dis be so good ya ain’t gonna wanna share ‘em. Enjoy!

That’s how they tell you how to cook it. So I followed these instructions, and this is what they looked like when I pulled them out of the oven:

Cobbla

Yum! Sadly, I didn’t have any vanilla ice cream, so I couldn’t enjoy it that way, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. And now I know, I can speak Southern! (Because you know, that’s a language and all. *wink*)

4 comments:

Maleen said...

Yum!!!!!

Chelle! said...

The directions makes me laugh. I am sure you read it in the most interesting accent. HA HA!!!

Unknown said...

What size canned peaches did you use

¡Vieve! said...

I just used a 15 oz can of peaches