Monday, October 17, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Colorado Edition

I went to Colorado over the weekend. Well, not really over the weekend, but I was there, in Denver, for about 36 hours. We (PJ and I) flew out of Provo – which was pretty cool. Here are a few highlights.

I watch a Food Network show called “Challenge” in which 4 bakers across the nation come together to compete on who makes the best cake, and they’re judged by a few people. One of the judges, Keegan Gerhard, is a chef who owns a little cafe/bakery in Denver, called D Bar Desserts. I have long wished to go there, and finally, this trip, I did. I even saw Keegan – he was standing right in front of me! I was so excited. I wanted to take a picture, or speak to him or something, but he was speaking on the phone, and I didn’t want to interrupt. Incidentally, the treats I tried at his bakery were crazy delicious.

We went to a favorite breakfast spot there, called Hot Cakes. I love this place so much. I get the chocolate chip pancakes, and they are sooo good. I took a picture of them, but I don’t know if you can appreciate the size of the pancakes from it. 

pancakes

The plate there is a regular dinner plate size. These things are HUGE, and you can only get 2 – not one. So I ate half of both of those pancakes, and called it good, and felt like I had eaten too much.

Now, the reason for the trip was to see RSL play Colorado. Sadly, we tied, but because we had beat them earlier in the season, the Rocky Mountain Cup was ours. We have held onto the Cup for 5 years now – we are champions. (Well, in that regard, anyway) The game was pretty fun, but because all of the traveling fans around us are drinkers of alcohol, a lot of them were drunk. And spilling on us. And using cheers that had shady language in it. But, we still had fun, we just kind of ignored them, and screamed and cheered our faces off.

That was the trip – short, sweet, but loads and loads of fun.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Sounds like a blast. I think I could really use a short trip somewhere...anywhere.

Chelle! said...

You went to Colorado? Really? Where was I? OH, I know...covering for you at work. ;)