Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Next time, I’ll just get it myself

Last night, neither Husband nor I felt like cooking. The tenants that we have with us right now weren’t there, so we decided to be lazy, and just order in. So as I was driving home from work, Husband was placing an online order to Pizza Hut, for some delivery. (I love that people deliver food to you – I think it’s such a great invention!) The online thing said that it would take 30 minutes, so we sat down and watched a little TV while we waited. After about a half an hour, I kept wondering where our food was. After 5 more minutes, I was getting hungrier and hungrier, and wondering if the food guy got lost, and then as we were chatting about it, Husband realized he had put the wrong address down for our house address – he put the address of his work – in Lindon.

So we hurry and call the Pizza Hut we thought we had ordered it from, but after a few minutes on the phone, they told us they didn’t have our order, we didn’t order it through them. So we call another Pizza Hut, with the same result – we didn’t order it through them. Well by now I’m like, something’s hinky here. I checked my bank account balance, and sure enough, they had taken the money out already, so I knew we had ordered it from somewhere. So we remembered that they send out an email after you order a pizza. We check the email, and ta-da! There’s the number of the right pizza hut! I quickly call them, give them my name and number and… they can’t find my order. At this point, I’m like, what the junk, I know someone has to have my order, because they took my money. After many minutes, Husband figures out why they can’t find the order – he had put the wrong area code for my telephone number, so they couldn’t locate it.

Finally, finally, we got it all sorted out, and about 5 minutes later, our pizza was finally delivered. Luckily, it was still hot, and very delicious. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from this, it’s that maybe its better to not be so lazy, and get up and get our own food. Or…any time there needs to be any info filled out online…maybe I should just do it.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Wow, that is a lot of wrongs to finally get one right. Although, it is hard to go wrong with a hot pizza. Yum!

Chelle! said...

I love this story...especially, when your explaining it to us. Aw...what a great laugh!