Friday, October 7, 2011

Foto Friday

This will be a wordy entry for a Foto Friday. Yesterday, my little sister got married. It came as a surprise to me, too, I had only learned about it the night before. Husband and I were asked to be the witnesses, of course we said yes, and we were told to be at the courthouse at noon. It was a lovely ceremony, performed by a judge.

The night before, when they were asking if we wanted to be the witnesses, they also asked if they could move in with us when they got married. See, the guy my sister is marrying, has also joined the Army and he's going to Basic Training on Nov. 28. So instead of wasting money on an apartment for only 6 weeks, they asked if they could just occupy a free room we have in the basement. After a long talk, we decided to let them move in. (It was either they live with us or
live with my parents, and whilst my parents are awesome, we decided to let them live here) The stipulation here, of course, is that when the husband leaves, my sister has to as well. No offense to her, I just don't want her living with us. This might seem mean, but its for the best.

Anyway, so they went on their honeymoon this weekend, and will be moving in on Sunday. The room that they'll be moving into currently belongs to Pony, who I've not mentioned on here before. Last year, for my birthday, my parents gave me a pony, a little stuffed one that is about 2 feet tall. I can ride on him if I crouch, it's a lot of fun. I've been giving the newlyweds a hard time about moving in there, telling them that the room is Pony's, and they'll have to share. So today, Husband and I decided it would be funny if Pony made signs and put them around the room. So I took some time, and made the signs and posted them up. It took a lot of time, and my fingers were black, but it was worth it!
This is how Pony looks in there all the time:
This is the first sign in there:
And this was another good one:
I put up six signs in total, but to put them all up seemed a little overkill. None of the signs have the right grammar, which I just thought would be a funny touch.

Now, is this crazy of me ? Maybe, but I think it's hilarious, and I can't wait to see the expressions of the others when they see it, and really, that's what makes it all priceless.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

You are freakin' hilarious. Those signs are great. You have the best sense of humor and wit.

Not to mention that you are super nice to let them stay there. I think you might be a better person than I.

Chelle! said...

This makes me laugh. I love it. I hope that they did too.