Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Quarantine Project: Shed

Now that we're nearly a month into quarantine, I'm going a bit stir crazy. Unable to see my loved ones or hang out, I've had to just think of stuff to do in the house (since Husband is still working on his PhD, his days are spent writing dissertations and papers so I have to occupy my own time. Which is fine, I'm just letting you know). I've done cleaning and organizing and then a couple of days ago, I decided to tackle the ultimate project: the shed outside.
The shed is a monster. It's a good sized shed, but the thing that I have working against me is that the people who lived here before us left a ton of stuff in there. I never realized how much they left in there until this cleaning endeavor. I now know they left:
Enough wood (fence wood? Wood slats? I'm honestly unsure of what they were there for or being used for) to fill the back of my SUV twice (in taking them to the dumpsters).
Oodles and oodles of paint cans, stain, spray paint, cleaning supplies from 1900, and garden supplies
Tubes, empty cardboard boxes, ropes, PVC pipes with giant rebar inside (??)
So yes, a lot. I've filled up 2 garbage cans with garbage, the aforementioned twice filling of my car, and then I spent a good chunk of time organizing, sweeping, mopping (YES I mopped my OUTDOOR shed and I honestly feel good about it).
It took me a few days and honestly, I have never been so proud of something I've done before in my life.

I understand that I forgot to get a 'before' picture, and that's okay. The view here is just so pretty ... it's probably better if you knew the hellhole it was before, but I think this is pretty dang impressive nevertheless.

No comments: