Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving !

Guys, this was not a great thanksgiving. Our basement flooded, so we spent a good portion of the day fixing that and trying to get under control. But hey, let's focus on the positive! I ran in the turkey trot this morning and although it was the worst every because of the dang blizzard, I got 5th place in my age! (For the slowest race I have ever run for this - the storm definitely effected everyone's times!
 I was happy to get my small ribbon haha!
Then I made my first charcuterie board, and it actually turned out okay! That class I took was very helpful and made me feel so fancy.

After dinner, we were eating some pie, and the fellas requested some "bubbles" (what they call Martinelli's sparkling cider) and we served them to Gecko in a mason jar mug. He's a little sweaty because they had all been running around and playing some very rough-housey games. 
 Darth was mad at us, as you can see here, because he was drinking his bubbles out of a champagne glass and looked so extra and was so cute, but when we laughed at him, he got very embarrassed and traded to a mug like Gecko. He wouldn't pose for a picture and instead was just mad.
So, despite the flood, it was a great day! We had so much fun, great food, great family, and great times.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: