Wednesday, November 20, 2019

To reading!

All throughout my college career, I had barely any time for recreational reading. All of my reading had gone to reading textbooks or anything assigned to me. I read maybe 10 books a year that weren't school books. Now that college is over, I have time to read regular things again, and I've been taking advantage. Of course, I am reading the books for my book club, and enjoying all sorts of books.
I have recently started to re-read the His Dark Materials series, with the new show coming out in all. I also tried to read the Great Brain series (as far as I can tell, it's a children's book series? Maybe YA? I can't figure out what kind of age this is supposed to appeal to) and oy I did not care for those, so I can warn everyone away.

It's such a treat to read for pleasure, and I can't understand people who hate to read! Of course, I'm sure people could say the same for what I like, etc., so I don't judge too hard, but I just wish that everyone loved escaping into books!

So, here is my plug for reading, do it if you want, don't if you don't want to, and enjoy what you enjoy!

No comments: