Thursday, November 21, 2019

Junior League Night

My cousin gave me a holler last week and invited me to a craft night at her Junior League. As was explained to me, Junior League is basically an association of women who meet up and do volunteer work, their work sounds amazing, I am actually trying to decide if I should join up! But last night they were doing a craft night of sorts, and since I love crafts, my cousin knew I would love it and she was right! There were 5 different stations they had set up, and you could choose three. We first chose the station that was making cards/tags, and I of course made some cards : 

They were really easy to make, so that was nice. Next, onto the wrapping station! 






They taught us how to wrap the best way, how to add stuff onto the packages to make them look nice, and then they gave us a bag of such things, a sprig of holly and some ribbon and bells. Finally, we chose the charcuterie station, the one I was looking forward to the most! 
We were told how to make a good looking board, what cheeses do what, what meats add what flavor, and what sides to add on. Did I snack the entire time she was talking? You betcha. 
This was the entire table of stuffs: 
This was her charcuterie board, very nice looking. 
 She also taught us about wine! Of course this meant nothing to me, and I abstained from all the wine tasting, but I did smell them all and they all smelled like gross alcohol, I just can't get behind the smell or taste of alcohol!
It was such a fun night, I loved it! I'm really hoping to put my charcuterie knowledge to the test and make my own board. 

No comments: