Saturday, June 4, 2016

I win!

Today was the Springville City 5K, my favorite race of the year. I have been training this year, trying to improve my times, and so when it was time for the race, I was nervous and excited. I lined up with everyone else, and then took off. I kept a pretty good pace, feeling all right about it. During the race, at about mile 2, I was close (ok, too close) behind a small girl. She all of a sudden stopped, and I had nowhere to go, so I just put my hands on her side while saying "no no no no no" and then sort of unceremoniously dumped her to the side of the road. It's not my fault! I had nowhere to go! She stopped with no notice! But I finished the race, and shortly after that, I got a text from the race, saying I had won third place in my age group! I was so surprised!
So when I got my swank medal, I was pretty jazzed. Of course, I won nothing in the raffle, but I've come to expect that. And now I look forward to my next race!

No comments: