Wednesday, July 29, 2015

New Water Adventures

Well, I did something new today. And on the water. The combination of those two things are enough to send me into an anxious spiral, but I lived! It’s my friend PJ’s birthday today, and for her birthday, she wanted to go stand up paddle boarding. As part of her gift, I reluctantly agreed to it. We booked a spot at Jordanelle Reservoir for an hour (plenty of time) and off we went.

It wasn’t too bad. I had small panic attacks while getting in and standing up, but once you’re standing up and stable, it’s not too bad! But every time a small wave would come, I would just hug the board on my knees and pray I wouldn’t fall in. By the end of the hour, my legs and feet hurt from being so tense and standing in the exact same position. But I looked pretty cool:

VieveSUP

And obvs PJ looked cool too:

JanilleSUP

Shout-out to the random stranger in a kayak on the water who took the picture of us and sent it to my phone. I may do this again in my life, I may not, but at least I can say I tried it once and I didn’t die! (or cry, that’s important too)

No comments: