Friday, July 10, 2015

England

Today, we went into England! We did all the regular tourist stuff, but the thing that made me the most happy was that I understood everyone! And they all have their delightful English accents, fantastic. The first order of business was to visit a castle – Farleigh Hungerford. We listened to an audio tour while there, that was awesome.

DSC04203

It was a really cool tour, and then we left, on our way to the bustling city. After getting into our hotel, and dropping off our luggage (something that’s fantastic, not having to carry it around with us) we went first to Buckingham Palace.

IMG_1328

Sadly, the place wasn’t open to outside tours, not for another week, we just barely missed it! That’s my goal, to get a tour of the inside. After finishing up there, we saw Big Ben, the London Eye, and Westminster Abbey. It’s just regular tourist photos, so I’ll skip those.

We finished up our London day at the Globe, to see a Shakespeare play! It looks so old, it was so awesome to be there, in a part of history.

DSC04285

We saw As You Like It, which was so fun, but SOOO long. I say that because we were in the standing room only seats. So we stood. For 3+ hours. By the end, my feet hurt, my back hurt, my everything hurt. As soon as it was over, we got out of there, got on the subway, back to where the shuttle to our hotel was supposed to be…but we missed it by 10 minutes. So we had to find a cab…who only accepted cash, then an ATM…it was such trauma, but we finally got to our hotel at 1:30. We were exhausted!

No comments: