Thursday, July 31, 2014

Crock Pot Lasagna

Last night for dinner, I made crock pot lasagna. I’ve never tried it, but I thought, surely it won’t make as much as regular lasagna (since there’s so few of us here) and it’ll be easier. I was right! Here’s the lowdown on the recipe:

2 lbs cooked ground hamburger meat (you could also use turkey)
1/2  onion chopped
2 jars marinara sauce (I mixed sauces, used 1 jar plain marinara, and 1 jar spicy sausage sauce)
1/2 box lasagna noodles (uncooked)
1 (2 lb) tub ricotta cheese
3 cups mozzarella cheese
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add a little olive oil to a skillet and cook onions until caramelized. Add hamburger meat to onions (you can add some seasonings here if you’d like. I threw in some salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper) until browned, then add marinara sauce. Simmer while making mixture below. Combine ricotta cheese, salt, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and egg. Spray crock pot with cooking spray (or not, I didn’t) Start layering in the crock pot. Add a layer of meat (doesn’t need to be thick) Then add a layer of uncooked noodles, then a layer of the cheese mixture. You will then repeat those layers one more time. Finish with the rest of the meat sauce and 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese. Cook on low for 3 hours, because if you cook any higher, the noodles will be all burny like. And then, that’s it! Scoop some up with whatever (I used like a small ladle, you can use your best judgment) and that’s that.

IMG_8883

I really liked this. I would probably cook it for a little less time, though, when I cook it again. But otherwise, enjoy!

No comments: