Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Little Irish Luck

As I’ve mentioned before again and again, I am so into doing crafty things now. I have Stamp & Chat once a month which helps, and doing that has made me branch into doing other things, my scrapbooking, my card boxes, etc. I know you’ve all heard all this before, so I’ll not spend too much time recollecting. Recently, Chelle has invited me into the inner sanctum of crafty things. She and Mama G do crafty things to decorate a bit of their house for the holiday of the month. I, as of this weekend, have now joined them in the awesomeness of it. I have never done anything like this before. So I went with them to Crafty Wood Cutouts a few weeks ago, and we picked out what we wanted for March – wooden block letters that spell out LUCK with some shamrocks thrown in for good measure. Finally this last Saturday, we got together to decorate.

Since I am a total newbie, I felt really unprepared for everything, but they helped me along, step by step, until I completed it, and it looked good. We painted the letters, and the shamrocks, and on some of them, we modge-podged some green scrapbook paper on them. Here’s my work area once we were done painting:

Workspace

I felt bad about creating such the mess, but they assured me that it came right off with cleaning solution, so that helped. The masterpieces we created took about 2 1/2 hours, and I really like the end result. Here are my letters and shamrocks, as I was going to set them up:

Luck

Cute, right? I suppose I should have taken some close-ups, to show what they look like, but sadly, this is what you’ll get. And then last night, I set up the letters up where they’re going, and tried to take a picture of it:

LuckBalcony

And ta-daaaa! There it is! I really like this. I can’t wait to do the next one – but I’m not spoiling it now, you’ll just have to tune in to see!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

YEAH!!! This was so much fun!! I am so glad that we made them. I love how they turned out!!