Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chocolate Lasagna

This month, (tonight, in fact!) I am the hostess for Stamp & Chat. This really just means I bring the treat, which is always fun. I found a recipe online the other day for Chocolate Lasagna – did anyone ever eat the Chocolate Lasagna at Olive Garden? Because I used to freaking love that, and then one day, they just took it off the menu, no explanation! WTH, Olive Garden? So the other day, I found a copycat recipe, and decided to make it.

Holy crap was this recipe hard. First of all, it requires you to cut the cake into three layers, which was really hard for me, plus the cake kept falling apart. It was just a mess to deal with. I have ideas of how I’d improve it to make it better, but this time was ridic. Here’s what the cake is supposed to look like, via the internets:
Now, I know mine isn’t cut up or anything, but this is what mine looks like:
I did try some last night, to make sure it was edible and whatnot, and it’s not too bad, it’s just not as good as Olive Gardens, of course. But I gave it my best, and I know how to fix it in the future, should I ever do it. Right now, though, I feel like I never want to bake again, with the disaster that this one almost proved. Hopefully, everyone will think it's a delish cake, even if it doesn't look that good.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness...this was so heavenly. Thanks for bringing it to Stamp & Chat. Deliciousness!!!

Chelle! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.