Monday, March 12, 2012

Show and Tell

This is my show-and-tell entry. First up is my box for love cards. I’m not really into this box. I thought it would turn out differently, I think, so when I finished, it was just kinda…meh. So here it is, in all it’s weirdy glory. Secondly, I made my box for Christmas cards. I really liked how this one turned out, actually, so yay! I think I only have a box or two left to make before all of my cards have a home.

My brother in law joined the army last year, about the same time that he joined our family, actually. I’ll refer to him as Captain, I believe. He’s not going to into combat; he’s going to learn languages, specifically, Chinese and Arabic. He went to Japan on his mission, so they told him those 2 languages would be good to work off of Japanese (if that makes sense) So Captain put out a notice on Facebook saying that he needed to practice his Arabic, so if anyone wanted anything written in Arabic, to let him know. Well, of course, I want my name in Arabic, so I requested it, and he sent me my name on Friday, and here it is for all to see!

That's pretty cool, right?! It doesn't really look like words to me, but a lot of languages do that to me.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I love your boxes. I need to make some for me. You are talented!!